COVID-10 cases have been on the rise nationwide for the last few weeks. Yesterday Michigan’s Governor Whitmer announced a ‘3-week pause’ on many activities to help limit the spread. The effective period is November 18th through December 8th.
From the announcement : During these three weeks, which are between Nov. 18 and Dec. 8, the state will mandate that these operations be closed:
- in-person learning at high schools, colleges and universities
- theaters, stadiums and arenas
- All who are able to work from home will be required to do just that
- dine-in restaurants and bars
- organized sports, except professional sports
- bowling centers, ice skating, indoor water parks
- bingo halls, casinos, arcades
- group fitness classes
Due to the new restrictions, all in-person kendo practice will be cancelled during this time. We will host online practices via Zoom instead. If you need access to the Zoom practices please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Also, as a reminder, there will be no in-person or online practice during the week of Thanksgiving. Please have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving.